Thursday, August 4, 2011

First Post

Okay, so not a very original title for a first post, but it's been a long day and I promised myself I would do this today!  I have been wanting to create a blog for so long now. I have had a million ideas just jumping into my already scattered momma brain but just couldn't figure out where to start. After much thought about a blog title, and a late night conversation with my hubby here I am (not to mention the friendly online harassment from some of my twitter buddies who shall remain nameless, but you know who you are ;) ).

I have loved to write since I was a child, so blogging just seems to make sense. I have kept a journal almost everyday, so I guess a blog is just like that, but only hopefully EVERYONE is reading it. I have titled my blog Martiferg's deals, steals, and meals as you can see, and now I will tell you why.

First my twitter handle is @martiferg, and that is where I came up with the idea to blog. I have met so many great "tweeps" there, many of which are also bloggers and have given me great inspiration. So even though my name is Martina, it's a blog by @martiferg.

It's kind of funny how I got started on twitter. I certainly never thought it would be my thing. I started couponing in 2008 after becoming a full time stay at home mom. Somehow I managed to find a site called www.heyitsfree.com and that led me to www.freebies4mom.com. That led me to www.sweetiessweeps.com which led me to twitter. I started using twitter in January of 2011 and remember getting a splitting headache. After a few days though, I was hooked.

Okay, so I told you I get scattered sometimes. Back to the blog title. So I thought long and hard about what I would blog about. I used to be a special education teacher, but after having my second child as I mentioned before I have really learned to stretch a dollar and that's where the deals and steals come in. There is nothing like getting a great deal on great products, and I always come home and tell my husband but am not sure that he gets as excited as I do. I thought it would be great to share my deals and steals with the world.

Now for the meals part! My mother is a domestic queen. She makes everything from scratch, and there is nothing like her home cooking. I wish I could say that I am the same, but it is something that I have to work much harder at. I came up with the idea of trying at least one new meal a week, and then sharing my husband and children's reactions with the world through this blog and that is the "meals" part.

So now all that being said, thanks so much for reading my first post. I would appreciate all of the feedback/constructive criticism I can get. So excited about embarking on this new journey with you.

8 comments:

  1. Way to go momma! Looks great and I can't wait to read all about your deals steals and meals! Love the title :) I got to be your 1st follower too, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice introduction, friend! Good for you taking that first step... I look forward to following your blog! I have a new one too...it's not one I've put ”out there” since it's mostly personal about my health, but in case you want to check it out...brettao.wordpress.com. See you around! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTG! Your first post and you were afraid? I didn't see it. You sound brave! LOL. Oh Oh I wish to be a domestic queen.. going to follow you via GFC!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a great blog! I can't wait to read more!
    @glassfishie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Friendly online harassment? Who on earth could you be talking about???? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blog~! You go girl! One of your tweeps @tmt121172

    ReplyDelete